Venison Meat Balls
(Deer Balls! As Joe, Bob’s dad, used to call them.)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 to 3 hours
Serves: 6 to 8 people
- 3 pounds, ground Venison
- 1 medium, sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices toasted whole wheat bread, made into crumbs
- 1 teaspoon, Bob’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon, Bob’s All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon, Bob’s Original Steak Seasoning
- 1 egg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pouch of onion soup mix or 2 cubes of beef bouillon
Mix venison, onion, bread, seasonings, and egg. Make into balls and brown in a skillet with olive oil (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan). Bob usually uses a crockpot and places the brown balls in it when done. Add a mixture of onion soup with 2 cups (500 ml) of boiling water and stir this mixture lightly with the balls. Add enough water to cover the top of the balls. Cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 hours.
If you don’t have a crockpot, use a large size pot on the stove.